Documentation for LEDE

John Crispin john at phrozen.org
Tue Jul 26 02:02:48 EDT 2016

On 25/07/2016 15:55, Rich Brown wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the kind words, and for pulling the Getting Started page (https://www.lede-project.org/docs/index.html).
>
> I have some other thoughts about the documentation, but wanted to learn more about the group's discussions on the topic. Specifically:
>
> - The current asciidoc pages are a start on the documentation. Have there been discussions about how to evolve the docs: desirable traits, systems considered, systems rejected, etc?

open to all ideas, we had to start somewhere and the asciidoc allowed us
to quickly merge contributions. i very much liked the current buildroot
docs aswell, maybe we can try to move into that direction also.

what i would be very much against is using some kind of cms/wiki that
requires us to edit documents online. being able to do offline
modifications and staging them locally before submission is worth a lot
i think.

> - Although I have been using OpenWrt for years, I'm not an expert. Would people in the group be willing to review articles?

sure thing, ideally you can push small fixes yourself. if you want a
revbiew of other parts, just send a PR. this is how we handle the
software tree aswell so it would fit in nicely with existing patterns.

	John