GMail / Flyspray notifications

Ted Hess lede at kitschensync.net
Tue Jul 19 10:10:37 EDT 2016

Hi Jo-

Here's a followup on the problem with GMail notifications we had with FS. It
appears that Google security rules get triggered when you have a shared GMail
account that gets accessed from many diverse locations and IP addresses. When
this condition is tripped, the account goes into "verification" mode. To clear
the problem, you will need to login via a browser and visit the "Captcha reset"
page: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha. After you do this
procedure, FS mail will work again.

There does not appear to be any way to disable this "feature". Some have
suggested a more complex password but I could not verify this. If this continues
to be a problem, we should change the mailer being used by FS.

/ted