State of APK package manger integration

Petr Štetiar ynezz at true.cz
Mon Sep 23 02:15:03 PDT 2024

Paul Spooren <mail at aparcar.org> [2024-08-11 20:34:09]:

Hi,

> Some time has passed and there are further news for the APK migration:

awesome progress, thanks a lot to all of you pushing this forward! :-)

> If you run one of those images, please give APK a spin and see how it’s doing. A simple example would b to run the following:

FYI seems like ImageBuilder still needs some love, I've tested both:

 https://buildbot.aparcar.org/targets/x86/64/openwrt-imagebuilder-x86-64.Linux-x86_64.tar.zst
 https://downloads.staging.openwrt.org/snapshots/targets/x86/64/openwrt-imagebuilder-x86-64.Linux-x86_64.tar.zst

and they both seems to fail the basic `make image` smoke test:

  $ make image
  Building images for x86 - Generic x86/64
  Packages: apk-mbedtls base-files busybox ca-bundle dnsmasq dropbear e2fsprogs firewall4 fstools grub2-bios-setup kernel kmod-amazon-ena kmod-amd-xgbe kmod-bnx2 kmod-button-hotplug kmod-dwmac-intel kmod-e1000 kmod-e1000e kmod-forcedeth kmod-fs-vfat kmod-igb kmod-igc kmod-ixgbe kmod-nft-offload kmod-r8169 kmod-tg3 libc libgcc libustream-mbedtls logd mkf2fs mtd netifd nftables odhcp6c odhcpd-ipv6only partx-utils ppp ppp-mod-pppoe procd procd-seccomp procd-ujail uci uclient-fetch urandom-seed urngd

  Package list missing or not up-to-date, generating it.

  Building package index...
  ERROR: *.apk: No such file or directory
  ERROR: 1 errors, not creating index
  make[3]: *** [Makefile:172: package_index] Error 99
  make[2]: *** [Makefile:196: package_reload] Error 2
  make[1]: *** [Makefile:150: _call_image] Error 2
  make: *** [Makefile:310: image] Error 2

Cheers,

Petr