OpenWrt 24.XX release plan

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sat Sep 21 02:51:19 PDT 2024

Hi,

We finally migrated all targets in OpenWrt main branch to kernel 6.6.
The biggest release blocker is done now.

It will probably be 24.10.

When we branch 24.10 we should be able to release a 24.10.0-rc1 release
soon after, so the wider community is starting to test it.

We should already start building up the build infrastructure for a 24.10
branch now.
@ynezz: What is needed for that?

The 22.03 branch is EoL since some months, we can decommission the
resources used for that one if that helps.

@Ansuel: You said that you want to finish up APK support, what is still
missing for that?

@John: You told me you want to add some bigger improvements for board.d,
what is the timeline for that?

Are there any other bigger changes missing?

Hauke