OpenWrt 21.02 and 19.07 minor release

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Mon Jan 24 15:07:06 PST 2022

On 1/24/22 22:53, Hauke Mehrtens wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to tag a new 21.02 and 19.07 minor release in about one
> week. I am not aware of a severe security problem, it was just some time
> since the last release.
>
> Are there any known regressions in the current stable branches compared
> to the last release and should we fix them?
>
> If we should backport some changes from master please just answer to
> this mail with the commit and a reason why you need it.
>
> There are already some pull requests on github:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Arelease%2F21.02
>

> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pulls?q=is%3Apr+is%3Aopen+label%3Arelease%2F19.07
>

> Hauke

There are some security patches available for hostapd. Is someone
working on backporting them to OpenWrt 21.02 or 19.07?
https://w1.fi/security/2022-1/

Dnsmasq also has some new CVEs assigned.
Is someone working on backporting these fixes?
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-45951
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-45952
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-45953
https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2021-45954