Switch issues and CI to GitHub

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Sun Jan 23 05:26:18 PST 2022

Paul Spooren <mail at aparcar.org> writes:

> None of the OpenWrt project members is willing to setup and maintain a
> GitLab instance and there were multiple vetos again gitlab.com.

I'll take advantage of not being a member and throw out a crazy question
here:

Did anyone reach out to other open source projects wrt the possibility of
sharing a GitLab instance?

OpenWrt is a rather small project, so it would make sense to piggy-back
on someone with a bit more manpower. salsa.debian.org comes to mind...

They are already pretty open to hosting stuff which isn't Debian:
https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/FAQ#What_can_be_hosted_on_salsa

Some parts of OpenWrt, like firmware blobs, probably fail the "can be
included in Debian" condition.  But I assume it might be possible to
discuss special terms for OpenWrt as co-operating project.  Worth a try
at least?

Bjørn (not affiliated with neither OpenWrt nor Debian)