Release goals for 22.XX

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Sep 29 13:54:13 PDT 2021

On 9/29/21 10:43 PM, Stijn Segers wrote:
> Hi Hauke,
>
> Op woensdag 29 september 2021 om 22u28 schreef Hauke Mehrtens
> <hauke at hauke-m.de>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The OpenWrt 21.02 release is done and we should plan the next release.
>> We already talked about this in the last meeting, see
>> https://openwrt.org/meetings/20210920
>>
>> To monitor the current state I created this wiki page based on the
>> wiki page from the previous release:
>> https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/releases/goals/22.xx
>>
>> I would like to get an overview about the "big" changes, if an
>> additional board is added or something is improved we do not need to
>> plan it.
>>
>> I would like to get the following:
>>
>> kernel 5.10:
>> We should get all targets to kernel 5.10. All targets which are not on
>> kernel 5.10 when we branch off should get removed.
>>
>> Kernel version for all targets:
>> Kernel 5.10 (only):
>>  bmips
>> Kernel 5.10 (5.4 still present):
>>  bcm27xx bcm53xx gemini ipq806x mediatek mvebu x86
>> Testing 5.10:
>>  apm821xx armvirt ath79 bcm63xx imx6 ipq40xx kirkwood lantiq malta
>>  mpc85xx mxs octeon octeontx oxnas ramips realtek rockchip sunxi tegra
>> Kernel 5.4 only:
>>  arc770 archs38 at91 ath25 bcm47xx bcm4908 ipq807x layerscape omap
>> pistachio uml zynq
>

> Not sure if you missed this, but there's a 5.10 for OMAP:
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4539. There's a 5.10 PR for
> lantiq as well, and lantiq is in your 'Testing 5.10' list, so mentioning
> just it in case.
>
> Cheers
>
> Stijn

Hi Stijn,

I only listed the status which is already committed to master.
When there is already a testing 5.10 kernel in master it will probably
be switched soon. I am aware of the lantiq pull request, but there are
still some problems.

There are also patches on the mailing list for at91:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/list/?series=263092

I think the kernel 5.10 status in OpenWrt looks good as all major
targets at least have a testing kernel 5.10.

Hauke