Drop support for mtd-mac-address

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Fri Sep 24 05:36:02 PDT 2021

Hi,

about one month ago we replaced the last occurrences of mtd-mac-address in our (master) tree.

Since no unexpected problems showed up since then, I'd like to entirely remove support for mtd-mac-address in master now.
This will also be helpful with (new) device support submissions since mtd-mac-address will not work anymore for them, so (at least some) people will try to fix that already before submission.

Ansuel Smith has prepared the necessary patch(es) here:
https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/4467

I'd like to apply it next weekend, or earlier if we receive some Reviewed-by/Acked-by here.

Best

Adrian