WDS stopped working in 21.02, looking for bug in netifd

Daniel Haid d.haid at gogi.tv
Wed Sep 22 13:48:02 PDT 2021

> can you please add this function ontop of
> /lib/netifd/wireless/mac80211.sh

Unfortunately, /tmp/foo is identical after good and bad boot, see below.

There are three ways to trigger the bug (randomly, yesterday I thought
the chance was about 50%, but today it felt much lower, about 5-10%):

1. Reboot
2. /etc/init.d/network restart
3. Turn off the client, wait for wlan0.sta1 to disappear on the AP, then
restart the client.

Note that if 3. triggers the bug, the file /tmp/foo does not change at
all, so whatever causes the bug seems not to affect /tmp/foo.

Previously I thought the chance for the bug was higher when 802.11r was
enabled, but today the chance felt as low as when I tried without
802.11r, so maybe this is totally independent of 802.11r after all.

---
D.H.

----------
rc:0 | iw dev wlan0 del
rc:0 | iw phy0 info
rc:0 | iw reg get
rc:0 | iw reg set DE
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 set antenna 0xffffffff 0xffffffff
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 set antenna_gain 0
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 set distance 0
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 set txpower auto
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 info
rc:0 | iw phy phy0 interface add wlan0 type __ap