WDS stopped working in 21.02, looking for bug in netifd

Daniel Haid d.haid at gogi.tv
Sun Sep 19 09:01:51 PDT 2021

Hello,

I just installed 21.02 on my devices and WDS stopped working. This seems
to be the following bug:

https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3961

I have ath79 and x86 devices, but all with ath9k wireless. WDS stopped
working on all of them.

Since the bug reporter already found out what commit introduced the bug,
I have built netifd simply with the call to
wireless_device_hotplug_event commented out in the function
device_hotplug_event in device.c (and no other changes).

With that one line commented out, WDS works again.

Since my whole setup depends on it, I would very much like to find out
how to fix this.

Could someone explain why wireless_device_hotplug_event was added and
what its purpose is?

I am not subscribed to the list; please send Cc to me.

Best,

D.H.