mwlwifi: FIX UpdateEncryption timeout issue

Johannes Krottmayer krjdev at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 22:28:36 PDT 2021

Hi,

I have released a pull request for the Marvell/NXP driver, for the
purpose of testing.
It fixes the UpdateEncyption timeout issue on my router (WRT32X -
88MW8964) running 21.02.0.

Formerly have created this modification to get the right result code
from the IC, to know
whats going on. A side effect is, it also solves the WiFi issues on my
router.

The small pull request should be self explaining. I removed the command
check in the do while
iteration. Don't know why this was used here. Instead I check the result
code in the command
header for HOSTCMD_RESULT_OK. If the timeout is elapsed, another (error)
code should be printed.

If you need some additional information, please don't hesitate to ask it.

Pull-request:
https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/pull/401

The modification is also discussed in the OpenWrt forum.