Question about qca8k dsa driver and path to follow

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Sat Sep 11 10:35:08 PDT 2021

> Is there any situation where the user would need to decide whether DSA or
> swconfig should be used, assuming both are working? A kmod may be

Just a side note on this:
Having a user choice between drivers should not be a development goal by any
means here.
If it happens "by accident" due to other changes, there is nothing to say
against it.
But experience tells it's hard enough to properly support one configuration,
so we definitely should not invest work in providing a choice here just for
its own sake (always referring to different drivers on a single device, of
course).

Best

Adrian