Marvell EBU 32-bit performance benchmarks (VFPv3-D16 vs NEON builds, Turris Omnia).

Kabuli Chana anome at shaw.ca
Thu Oct 21 12:16:20 PDT 2021

For me the argument was not about whether there should 2, but whether
the change to vfpv3-d16 was the right choice as the 1. openssl is of
course preordained to run NEON SIMD code so no change would be expected,
but a benefit is seen on WG. I would suggest that is the result of 16
vs. 32 FP registers being available, and nothing to do with NEON; i.e.
vfpv3-d16 vs. vfpv3. The result being smaller and faster due to more
concise FP code generation due to less FP register rejigging.