hostapd: ubus inteface crashes hostapd?

Nick vincent at systemli.org
Thu Oct 21 02:31:43 PDT 2021

Is someone massively utilizing the ubus interface from hostapd? I'm
doing this with dawn and I saw that blocktrron already fixed some
infinity loop. However, currently DAWN is crashing the hostapd. I make
extensive use of the get_clients, all subscriptions, disassoc_immidient
calls.

Of course I don't want to exclude that the error is on my side. I just
wanted to ask if someone is doing something similar. It is just weird
for me that dawn can crash hostapd since it is only connecting via ubus
and uses iwinfo library to get signal strength and channel utilization
from wifi interfaces.

See:
https://github.com/berlin-open-wireless-lab/DAWN/issues/151#issuecomment-948192240

Bests