RFC: toolchain for building eBPF modules within the OpenWrt build system

Florian Eckert fe at dev.tdt.de
Mon Oct 18 06:37:19 PDT 2021

>> I'd suggest to require a preinstalled host toolchain for the time
>> being.
> How about requiring a preinstalled host toolchain by default, but
> building it from source on buildbot?

I wouldn't make it dependent on whether openwrt compiles on the buildbot
or not.
I am not using this build option CONFIG_BUILDBOT on my own builds.
Either use llvm from the buildhost (distribution), or let the openwrt
buildsystem build its own llvm in the tool directory as you suggest.

@nbd thank you for looking at this, would have needed the ebpf before
:-)