Release goals for 22.XX

Martin Schiller ms at dev.tdt.de
Fri Oct 8 22:10:17 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-08 11:13, Paul Spooren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> --- %< ---
>>
>>     based on my overview[1] things are moving forward and being
>> tested,
>>     great! What about the targets that did not see any 5.10 ambitions
>>     yet?
>>     Specifically:
>>
>>     - arc770
>>     - archs38
>>
> I just got an email from synopsys and they'll contribute Kernel 5.10
> patches for both targets.
>>
>>     - ath25
>>
> Could this be dropped?
>>
>>     - bcm47xx
>>     - bcm4908
>>
> Will these two targets be replaced by bmips?
>>
>>     - layerscape
>>     - pistachio
>>     - uml
>>
> Might be dropped if nobody takes care?
>>

>>     Is anyone aware of people working on those targets? Please let me
>>     know.

I'm working on a Layerscape target since a couple of weeks and have
started updating the components to NXP LSDK-21.08. [1]

This uses an external kernel based on v5.10.35, with countless patches
incorporated. I'm trying to break it down a bit right now. [2]

Martin

[1] https://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components

[2]
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/qoriq/qoriq-components/linux/log/?h=LSDK-21.08