Release goals for 22.XX

Rafał Miłecki zajec5 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 22:58:59 PDT 2021

On 30.09.2021 03:34, Rich Brown wrote:
> My desire would be to name our next release "22.03", with a target release date in March 2022. And we should name the following release "22.09" with a release date in.... September. And so on - every six months (or whatever interval we believe we can sustain for the long term.)

This is absolutely undoable. We have too little manpower and too little
people actually interested in preparing releases. It takes testing,
checking feedback, reviewing bug reports, debugging issues, backporting
changes. That is a lot of work.

Every time we have a discussion about releases there comes an idea of
time-based releases. Also a lot of people have opinions on when to
branch and how to proceed with development.

When it comes to actually working on a release there are very people
that stay involved.