zram-swap: default to lzo instead of lzo-rle compression

Sven Roederer devel-sven at geroedel.de
Sat Nov 27 17:39:56 PST 2021

Am Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 12:11:19 CET schrieben Sie:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2020 at 10:38, e9hack <e9hack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I think commit 419f149e482641ddc520f80a7ab2038f7e2ebc8a is not the proper
> > fix for the described issue.
> >
> > The kernel module lzo-rle is still missing. To solve this, it must be
> > installed on the root-fs:
> >

> Good catch. You're absolutely right, the lzo-rle is a separate module.
> Now, what I don't understand is why the crypto layer advertises
> lzo-rle support without the module being present. Sounds like an
> upstream bug to me?

Rui, not sure if to call it a bug. At the end there is a hardcoded default
algo in the module, that is used initially when creating the device. The check
for the valid algo is done later at device-activation.
I spend some time in this code and have a patch ready, which checks for algos
before announcing them.

Sven