Activate https server support in 21.02 by default

Fernando Frediani fhfrediani at gmail.com
Sat May 15 13:13:44 PDT 2021

On 15/05/2021 16:59, Alberto Bursi wrote:

> <clip>
>
> I'm personally in the "encrypt all the things" camp. I fully support a
> switch to https only.
>
> But it should be a default, not a "let's add stuff people might want
> to enable later". Either all in or all out.
Perhaps that's the problem.

There has been a movement to blindly "encrypt all the things" even for
stuff that may not require it ? Why ?
I have no problem with what benefits from it, but if you look certain
scenarios that's not really something necessary, so in that sense I
always like the Keep It Simple principle. I don't see that OpenWrt
really requires HTTPS enabled by default for most usage scenarios
really, but I would be glad to be convinced the contrary.

Again, I think that if it doesn't impose much extra space consumption
and it does not come enabled by default it may be a good middle term if
there are significant cases, although not majority, that may choose to
enable and use it.

Regards
Fernando