iproute2 fails to build setting LIBBPF_DYNAMIC unless LIBBPF_DIR is defined.

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 10:01:01 GMT 2021

Hi, guys!

On Thu, 11 Mar 2021 at 09:25, <itugrok at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The issue with limits.h was exactly one of those intermittent, hard-to-reproduce problems recently reported (by Rui Salvaterra), with similar patches being shared. As in your case, having builds by buildbots and others routinely succeed raises doubts about the root problem. See for example: https://freenode.irclog.whitequark.org/openwrt-devel/2021-03-08#29320461. I also believe doing a "make dirclean" was only one of the things Rui tried before before his builds started succeeding, but I'll let him comment further. And as I noted on IRC, I'd still like to see a patch upstreamed.

In my situation, make dirclean doesn't help, only patching the
relevant files to include limits.h. However, my reluctance to send an
upstream patch comes from the fact that I didn't have any problems
building the iproute2 tools manually (cloning
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/network/iproute2/iproute2.git and running
make all).

Cheers,
Rui