Installation error for libncursesw6

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Mar 1 17:37:00 EST 2021

Inline...

> On Mar 1, 2021, at 7:00 AM, Hannu Nyman <hannu.nyman at iki.fi> wrote:
>
> Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com wrote at Mon Mar 1 02:11:20 EST 2021:
> > Is there a workaround to force an install?
>
> * Build a new up-to-date version with the current packages data. Update opkg lists.
> * Download a .ipk manually and install it with opkg.
>
> To my knowledge the bug has been already fixed in master, but you may still have the broken old firmware.

When you say "update opkg lists", are you talking about the /usr/lib/opkg/status file or something else?

Because it seems to me that that's what's lingering that might be damaged.  Is there a way to update "opkg" itself and resynthesize this file?  Or a script I can run to recreate it from scratch?

Thanks,

-Philip