Clarification about dsa and ipq806x

Adrian Schmutzler mail at adrianschmutzler.de
Mon Mar 1 15:40:10 EST 2021

Hi,

In my personal opinion, implementing a solution for a split config is a waste of time. What would we gain?
If the aim is to switch to DSA, just convert to 5.10 with DSA. Then we might need a bit more testing of the PR before merging it, but work would be focused on what's the aim of the entire thing. IIRC that's also how it was done for mt7621 as the initial DSA target back then.

Best

Adrian