RC3 seems okay on Archer A6 v3 (US)

Nathan Lutchansky lutchann at litech.org
Fri Jun 18 08:48:53 PDT 2021

Since specific feedback was requested on this hardware --

I've been running our household on four Archer A6 v3 units in AP-only mode
for the past week, and it seems solid.  Initially on Petr's RC2 spins, but
since yesterday on official RC3.

Flashing from factory to RC2 went without any problems on the first four
units, and I just flashed a new factory-fresh unit directly to RC3 without
issue.  Also, `sysupgrade -n` on the first four units from RC2 to RC3
worked fine.

Boot, reboot work reliably and do not have any unexpected delays or
errors.  Even `halt` works and appears to successfully soft-poweroff the
device.

All Ethernet ports (lan1-4, wan) work at 1Gbps and have the expected
labels.  I've been using VLAN filtering over the DSA bridge successfully.
The only problems I've encountered in this area are LuCI quirks that I
will report separately.

2.4Ghz and 5Ghz radios work more or less okay.  The only issues I've
encountered are reminiscent of my experience with the EAP235-Wall (lack of
DFS; timeouts after repeated configuration changes, particularly when
unsupported frequencies are selected) so I'm pretty sure they're mt76
issues rather than anything specific to this board.  Once a supported
configuration is up and running, it's been solid.

Untested: serial header, LED configuration, wireless security other than
WPA2-PSK, recovery from bootloader.

If there's anything else that would be helpful for me to test with this
board in particular, let me know.  I'm saving a sixth unit in the
shrink-wrap in case it would be helpful to test flashing from factory
prior to release.

Power is the usual 12v center-positive 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel connector.
Pretty nice hardware for 50 bucks.  -Nathan

Tested-by: Nathan Lutchansky <lutchann at litech.org>