Error compiling master on WSL2 Ubuntu 20.04

Alberto Bursi bobafetthotmail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 15:45:14 PDT 2021

On 07/06/21 22:35, Bas Mevissen via openwrt-devel wrote:

> It contains /mnt/c/Program Files/dotnet/ and other unquoted paths with
> spaces. I would have expected them to be quoted or escaped, but none of
> them seems to be the case.
>
> (and shortening the path to a usual Linux path made the build finish, so
> no other issues at hand)
>
> Having spaces in PATH is discussed here:
> https://github.com/Microsoft/WSL/issues/1766 in 2017 and apparently seen
> as OK.
>
> If I do for example:
> $ which dotnet.exe
> /mnt/c/Program Files/dotnet//dotnet.exe
>
> it seems to work fine.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bas.

Afaik the OpenWrt build system does not like paths and folders with
spaces, and the documentation we have for using build system with WSL
explains how to get rid of the Windows stuff in the path (so you don't
have things with spaces).

See https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/build-system/wsl

-Alberto