OpenWrt 21.02 status

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Sat Jul 31 16:11:34 PDT 2021

On 7/31/21 9:05 AM, Andy Botting wrote:
>> Thank you for the link and the description on how to reproduce this:
>> while [ 1 ]; do curl -k -s -o /dev/null -L -I -w "%{http_code}
>> '%{time_total}'\n" -H 'Host: www.6connect.com'
>> https://[2607:fae0:a000::9]; sleep 1; done
>>
>> I see this problem once every 250 tries, but I got a wireshak capture.
>>
>> A TCP package is lost and we get the next one after 6 seconds. I would
>> have expected a retransmission much earlier.
>>
>> I have to check that I do not see this without the offloading and then
>> also capture before the device.
>
> Thanks for looking into it. I've just had a look on my setup, and I
> can easily reproduce it, so if there are some specific scenarios you'd
> like me to capture, let me know.
>
> cheers,
> Andy

Hi Andy,

Could you please try this patch:
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/patch/20210531195732.522580-1-dqfext@gmail.com/
I do not see this problem with this patch any more, I am not sure which
change exactly fixed it or if I am unable to reproduce it any more.

I have some wireshark dumps of the problem with unmodified OpenWrt 21.02.
Before the flow handling: offload-ipv6-problem2-wifi.pcapng
On the PC receiving the stream: offload-ipv6-problem2-pc.pcapng
Some packets of this TCP stream are not forward.

Hauke