OpenWrt 21.02 status

Hauke Mehrtens hauke at hauke-m.de
Wed Jul 28 15:13:52 PDT 2021

On 7/20/21 9:40 AM, Andy Botting wrote:
>> - IPv6 broken with flow offloading (according to reports, potentially
>> related to hw flow offloading)
>
> There is a bug report about this at:
>    - https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3373
>
> I've reproduced it with and without hw flow offloading on mt7621.
>
> I think it's very important to do something about this issue before
> the release, as it took me nearly a week to track down. I found it
> quite hard to isolate as it's like some packets just disappear, so
> makes for a very bad user experience.

Hi,

Thank you for the link and the description on how to reproduce this:
while [ 1 ]; do curl -k -s -o /dev/null -L -I -w "%{http_code}
'%{time_total}'\n" -H 'Host: www.6connect.com'
https://[2607:fae0:a000::9]; sleep 1; done

I see this problem once every 250 tries, but I got a wireshak capture.

A TCP package is lost and we get the next one after 6 seconds. I would
have expected a retransmission much earlier.

I have to check that I do not see this without the offloading and then
also capture before the device.

Hauke