On a newer kernel, only the first port of a bridge is brought up

DENG Qingfang dqfext at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 07:00:10 PDT 2021

I tried to run OpenWrt with a bleeding-edge net-next kernel (commit
0e804326759d), then noticed that only the first port of a bridge is
brought up automatically, the rest are down and not members of the
bridge.

i.e. with the following settings
network. at device[0]=device
network. at device[0].ports='lan1' 'lan2' 'lan3' 'lan4'
network. at device[0].type='bridge'
network. at device[0].name='br-lan'

Only lan1 is in br-lan, and I have to manually configure the rest:
> ip link set lan2 up master br-lan

If I change the "ports" value to "'lan4' 'lan3' 'lan2' 'lan1'", only
lan4 is brought up.