MT7615 "full performance" needs wifi hardware nat

Gagan Sidhu broly at mac.com
Tue Jan 12 10:03:23 EST 2021

hi,

i have spoken with someone who is privy to all things RALINK (see here: https://github.com/hanwckf/rt-n56u/issues/562).

i have learned that we need to add wifi hardware NAT to unlock the full performance of the driver.

i yearned to use the raeth driver but i could not get it to work on linux 4.x. i suspect this is why the mtk_eth_soc driver was created?

anyways: i assume what he is saying is correct? that we need hardware nat for wifi in order to get full performance? are there any plans to add this?

to the wizard blogic: isn’t there an easy way for you to work your magic to fix the raether driver so i can evaluate the claim?

Thanks,
Gagan