[INFRA]: build bot /tmp dir not writable

Sebastian Kemper sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Mon Feb 22 06:09:54 EST 2021

Hi all,

Since a few days at least it seems there is some issue on the build
bots. include/toplevel.mk runs this:

export GNU_HOST_NAME:=$(shell $(TOPDIR)/scripts/config.guess)

The result is used in include/host-build.mk and
include/package-defaults.mk.

But currently this sometimes doesn't work. Example in [1].

At the top it's visible that config.guess fails to run properly:

config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /tmp
config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /tmp
config.guess: cannot create a temporary directory in /tmp

Hence GNU_HOST_NAME is not set properly, causing other issues.

I checked a few logs and found that this seems to only happen on these
hosts:

HOSTNAME=7475f09a818a
HOSTNAME=fafab0b55569

Can you please check if maybe /tmp is full or permissions are wrong?

Please keep me in CC as I'm not subsribed.

Thanks!
Sebastian

[1] https://buildbot.openwrt.org/master/images/builders/lantiq%2Fxrx200/builds/680/steps/pkgbuild/logs/stdio