OpenWrt 21.02 planning

Roman Kuzmitskii damex.pp at icloud.com
Sat Feb 13 02:58:24 EST 2021

Hello,

  it would be nice if we could ‘unbreak' fresh installs for ubiquiti edgerouter 4 (octeon target) before 21.02 takes off.
  fresh installs are done through usb and (almost) all necessary usb support is done through DEVICE_PACKAGES.
  that DEVICE_PACKAGES are currently not included into the initramfs and fresh installs are not possible using usb flash drive.

  https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/3854 there is a MR that should fix the issue for first time installs.
  it should only fix the breakage done by simply enabling support for usb as built in instead of having external packages and does not add anything new.

  thank you