[RFT] Kernels for next release

Paul Spooren mail at aparcar.org
Fri Dec 31 09:49:09 PST 2021

Hi all,

Kernels for the next release are looking pretty good; except for six targets we got everything running on 5.10! Thanks to everyone who contributed and tested!

The following five target support Kernel 5.10 and need testing:

- ath25
- bcm63xx
- layerscape
- octeon
- octeontx

If you own the targets hardware please consider testing the new Kernel and report back! There is an overview on GitHub[1] linking all PRs. If you don’t use GitHub please respond to this email. Kernel 5.10 is a hard blocker for the next OpenWrt release.

Only arc770 lacks Kernel 5.10 support. I’m in contact with people working on it, patches should be available soon.

Since arc770 hardware is a bit rare we lacked proper testing in the past. In case there would be any *free* demo hardware available, would anyone be interested in working and testing arc770?

Apart from that, happy new year to everyone!

Sunshine,
Paul

[1] https://github.com/aparcar/openwrt/issues/15