MT: should the ZBT-WE1206 watchdog be disabled by default?

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:39:00 PST 2021

Hello Arvid,

On Wed, Dec 15, 2021 at 2:13 PM Arvid Picciani <aep at exys.org> wrote:
> ZBT-WE1206 has an external watchdog that with stock openwrt resets the board.

What board do you mean? I am unable to locate ZBT-WE1206 neither in
the repository, nor in google.

> should this get disabled in bringup or is this considered a downstream problem?

An external watchdog either self-initialized during on power-up or
initialized by a bootloader. So there is no such option as disabling
it. It is usually sufficient to add a small node to the board DTS file
to fully support the external watchdog and avoid unexpected reboots.

If a board is supported in the main OpenWrt, then the code should be
fixed in it.

--
Sergey