bcm4908: NetGear OEM firmware for R7900P identical to R8000P

Heppler, J. Scott shep971 at centurylink.net
Tue Dec 14 10:31:12 PST 2021

The information supporting the Subject is documented in this OpenWRT
forum thread:

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/kernel-patches-netgear-r8000p-r7900p/114540

My neighbor has a R7900P and it is likely to be unsupported from a
security point-of-view shortly (Netgear stops all support 3 years after
the last unit is manufactured).  I was going to try to build a R7900P
image labeled as such but am not sure what to do with the kernel 5.10
patches.  Duplicating the patches might work for my build, but the
projects bulk builds would patch a previously patched kernel.

I previously added the TRENDnet TEW-810DR which had the same Board ID as
the D-Link DIR-810L. It did not involve kernel patches.  Any guidance on
how to deal with the patches?

--
J. Scott Heppler