Brokenness of the OpenWrt "packages" repo

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Mon Apr 26 15:01:02 BST 2021

On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:28:22PM +0200, Enrico Mioso wrote:
> ... I know you won't like this. But in the end, I guess D-Bus, glib2 and in the end all of MM dependencies will have to be incorporated in the core.
>
> A stac, of big big software, I know. But supporting 4G/5G in the end will required that.

ModemManager is not the only way to use 4G/5G modems. You can use
umbim or uqmi for most tasks. Both projects are straight forward, well
documented code, easy to extend in case you miss anything.
Depending on half of the Freedesktop universe in order to initialize
a network interface or receive an SMS in a very complicated way doesn't
feel justified to me.