Installing OpenWrt 21.02 on the TP-Link AD7200

Stijn Segers foss at volatilesystems.org
Tue Apr 20 11:04:39 BST 2021

Hi,

Alex Henrie <alexhenrie24 at gmail.com> schreef op 20 april 2021 07:28:32 CEST:
>Hello everyone,
>
>OpenWrt 21.02 adds support for the TP-Link AD7200,[1][2] but in
>practice I have not been able to install it. When I try uploading any
>of the three images (uImage, factory, sysupgrade) through the web
>interface, it just says "Firmware file error."
>
>I also tried setting my computer's IP address to 192.168.0.66, making
>the image available over TFTP with the name
>AD7200_1.0_tp_recovery.bin, and booting up the router with the reset
>button held down. I had Wireshark open and watched the file being
>transferred, but when the transfer was complete, the router just
>rebooted into its stock firmware again.
>
>So, what is the correct procedure for installing OpenWrt on the AD7200?

Try downgrading to an older firmware. If that does not work then you'll need to hook up serial to see the messages the flashing process spits out.

Chances are OEM firmware checks for a software version now e.g., which is unset at this point (see tplink-safeloader.c code).

Stijn

>-Alex
>
>[1] https://git.openwrt.org/?p=openwrt%2Fopenwrt.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=ad7200
>[2] https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/21.02-SNAPSHOT/targets/ipq806x/generic/

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Android apparaat met K-9 Mail. Excuseer mijn beknoptheid.