umdns bug

Daniel Golle daniel at makrotopia.org
Sat Apr 10 17:39:50 BST 2021

Hi Nick,

On Sat, Apr 10, 2021 at 01:31:21PM +0200, Nick wrote:
> There is an error in the current umds project: "UMDNS: does not start on
> master with seccomp"
> https://bugs.openwrt.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=3355
>
> It is affecting several other projects that make use of umdns.
> Is someone working on it?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I have (hopefully) fixed the issue with
commit 00a85a1634 ("umdns: add missing syscalls to seccomp filter"),
at least on my Aarch64 test boards it works now.
More/other syscalls may be needed on different architectures, see
the commit description of the fix mentioned above for instructions on
how to find them.

Cheers

Daniel