ath79: Fix for Mikrotik NAND bad blocks - testers needed

Sergey Ryazanov ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:12:09 BST 2021

Hello Danijel,

On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 3:21 PM Sergey Ryazanov <ryazanov.s.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 11:54 PM Danijel <danijel.tudek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> So now I'm looking for testers (and reviewers) who could test this change on
>> the affected devices (with bad blocks) and NOR Mikrotiks.
>
> I have a couple of RB433 boards somewhere with BB in the kernel area.
> I will try to find them and test with your changes.

I found mentioned boards, but they in fact were RB411U. Each of them
have bad blocks in the kernel area and so they are unable to work with
OpenWrt 19.07.

I am stuck with running master ath79 on it. Board bootloader rejects
to boot an initramfs kernel. Looks like this happened due to its size.
I am beginning to switch to lzma-loader, but faced some decompression
issues and need some more time to be able to test your patches.

--
Sergey