Quick question on Linksys EA7300 V2

Heppler, J. Scott shep971 at centurylink.net
Sun Sep 20 19:16:53 EDT 2020

Based on the commit of Santiago Rodruquez-Papa, for a Linksys EA7300 V1,
I purchased a factory recertified EA7300 - version was not advertised.
On arrival, it was a version 2.

I researched and V2 is almost the same as V1 except it has 7603/7615
radios instead of a pair of 7615s.  The memory/flash is the same size
but from different manufactures.  I posted the details, with wikidevi
links, and the modifications I made to the code in the OpenWrt forum.
It built fine but I'm looking for some reassurance before flashing.  I
understand the case is difficult to pry open and I'd like to avoid the
possibility of soldering/serial console.

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.  If it works, I intend to submit
a patch.  Also have a question on the description.  I could copy/paste
Santiago's description with 4 small edits or link/reference his work with
a shorter description of the differences.  I expect the lengthy install
procedure to be the same and will confirm prior to submission.

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/add-support-for-linksys-ea7300-v2/74563

Thanks
--
J. Scott Heppler