No subject

Jeffery To jeffery.to at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:58:36 EDT 2020

Hi Daniel,

(Resending due to HTML email being rejected...)

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 2:26 PM Daniel Santos via openwrt-devel
<openwrt-devel at lists.openwrt.org> wrote:
> Thank you for the wonderful work on maintaining the Go packages!

You're welcome :-)

> I got a little irritated at CGo's restriction of arch flags (in the
> immutable GOGCCFLAGS variable) and put together a patch set for v19.07
> to override them with an environment variable and then (optionally) feed
> the machine flags in the Golang build.  In the OpenWRT repo, I did this
> by splitting out how DEFAULT_CFLAGS are put together in order to
> populate a DEFAULT_MACHINE_FLAGS, but it could probably be done with
> just a $(filter -m%,$(DEFAULT_CFLAGS)) instead.
>
> If you or others have any interest in this, I can clean them up for the
> master branch.  I'm probably going to submit the Golang patch upstream,
> since I don't see any good reason for such a restriction.  I see you've
> made a lot of changes on the HEAD.

I can't speak for the main OpenWrt repo changes, but I would prefer to
have the Go compiler patch accepted upstream first. They may have
certain assumptions/dependencies on the arch flags that I'm not aware
of.

Jeff