ramips: ethernet: fix to interrupt handling

Jaap Buurman jaapbuurman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 09:56:51 EDT 2020

Dear Rosen,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 10:50 PM Rosen Penev <rosenp at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 7:01 AM Jaap Buurman <jaapbuurman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Is there a reason the "ramips: ethernet: fix to interrupt handling"
> > patch never was included in the master branch or 19.07 branch?:
> >
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openwrt/patch/20191029172328.85861-2-rosenp@gmail.com/
> I doubt anyone cares. That patch was never merged. The issue was
> "avoided" by switching drivers.

That's very unfortunate to hear, since the 19.07 branch (which doesn't
use the dsa drivers) is still the latest stable branch and used a lot,
especially since the patch is already available and only needs to be
merged.

> > There are many interrupt errors on my mt7621 device, and there have
> > been reports that this patch brings those errors massively down or
> > even eliminates them all together.
> https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/commit/b5d425af237dc03327078d6b9be178a38b5f8723
> is very interesting in that regard. Some of those patches can be
> backported I think.

I have seen these as well. I haven't had time yet to test these, but I
am hoping these fix the transmit queue has timed out that has plagued
mt7621 for a very long time now. Fingers crossed!