回复: kernel: remove mvsw61xx swconfig driver

DENG Qingfang dengqf6 at mail2.sysu.edu.cn
Tue Nov 17 23:05:21 EST 2020

Hi Georgi,

> 2. WRT3200ACM has two Ethernet interfaces. Isn’t it more efficient to have
> dedicated interfaces for LAN and WAN compared to the DSA model which uses
> only one of them, and creates multiple interfaces using VLANs?

You only have to worry about that if you have (upload + download) > 1Gbps connection.

FYI, there is a patch in Turris OS that added multiple CPU ports support
https://gitlab.nic.cz/turris/turris-build/-/blob/hbd/patches/openwrt/wip/0005-mvebu-initial-support-for-Omnia-on-5.4-kernel.patch

I have tested that on my WRT1900AC v2, with some modification (delegate the second CPU port to WAN).