Reliable way to get channel width from wifi scan

Ansuel Smith ansuelsmth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 21:52:45 EST 2020

Thx for the link. From a quick review you confirmed my fear. In the
link the channel width is indirectly parsed by checking specific value
from the wifi (upper or lower channel presence) (vht band for 5ghz). I
think that the best way to implement this is using ubus. Since
changing mac80211 code for this specific task is aggressive, I think
that a good solution would be to move all the checks to try to
calculate the band directly in the rpcd code since we have access to
all the data from the driver.