Reliable way to get channel width from wifi scan

Ansuel Smith ansuelsmth at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 20:00:26 EST 2020

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. I'm trying to implement
a wifi channel graph to diagnose wifi quality directly from luci using
the wifi scan data. Problem is that I can't really find a way to get
the channel width of the nearby stations. I modified rpcd to export
the channel width from iw but from what i can see, in the source code
channel width is (for some reason) implemented only for 5, 10 and 20
mhz. Everything up 20mhz fallbacks to that. So i'm here asking, is
this a driver limitation? I can easily use an android app and I can
check channel width with no problem so I think it's just the driver
that doesn't have this feature implemented.