[OpenWrt-Devel] Ubus based service watchdog?

Michael Jones mike at meshplusplus.com
Fri May 15 13:37:57 EDT 2020

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 9:57 AM Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <henrique at nic.br>
wrote:

> On 15/05/2020 03:58, Petr Štetiar wrote:
> > In other words I think, that one can solve this use case with current
> > solutions, no need to bloat procd.
>
> And if you're going to bloat procd, it pays to look at what the
> equivalent systemd functionality provides (it has a per-service
> application-aware watchdog and a
> please-wait-a-bit-more-I-am-doing-a-clean-shutdown API), to better know
> the problem space.

I have a mild objection to the quick jump to the word "bloat", which I've
observed used on this list frequently

That being said, yes, I'm a heavy user of the systemd watchdog
functionality, and is part of the reason why I want to add this to procd.

Thank you for making sure this aspect of service management was brought to
the list's attention though.