Wrapped DMARC messages not picked up by patchwork

Sander Vanheule sander at svanheule.net
Sat Jun 27 08:27:47 EDT 2020

Hi everyone,

Earlier today, I have tried to (re-)submit a patch to the mailing list
(messages listed below). The mails show up fine on the list archives at
infradead.org. Since my DMARC policy is (was) "p=quarantine", the
forwarded messages were wrapped as a mitigation. The wrapped messages
however, still showed up in my mailbox with an empty subject. The patch
is also not being picked up by Patchwork. I will probably have to mail
the patch again to get it processed, but I'm starting to feel annoyed
by causing all this noise on the list with my resubmissions.

Patch messages 2020-06-23:
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-June/029795.html
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-June/029796.html

Patch messages 2020-06-27:
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-June/029843.html
https://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-June/029844.html

Ideally, I should be able to keep my DMARC policy set to 'quarantine',
if mailman would rewrite the From header and re-sign the message with the mail server's DKIM key (stripping my signature in the process). However, I don't know if Patchworks would be able to correctly process mails like this. Commit messages would still contain Signed-of-by and the Reply-to mail-header would also correspond to the author/submitter.

Regards,
Sander