[OpenWrt-Devel] master: mvebu (Turris Omnia): pca953x: unhandled interrupts on Linux 5.4.45

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 15:23:40 EDT 2020

Hi, again,

As a follow-up on this morning's email [1], I narrowed down the issue
to the PCA9538 expander driver. For some reason, when
CONFIG_GPIO_PCA953X_IRQ is enabled, interrupts will eventually go
unhandled, causing the kernel to complain loudly and disable the
respective interrupt line. I never had this problem on OpenWrt 19.07
with Linux 4.14.x.
Any suggestions (apart from disabling CONFIG_GPIO_PCA953X_IRQ or
passing irqpoll in the kernel command line)?

Thanks in advance,
Rui

[1] https://lists.openwrt.org/pipermail/openwrt-devel/2020-June/023954.html