[OpenWrt-Devel] wireguard: unknown relocation: 102 [ARMv7 Thumb-2]

Rui Salvaterra rsalvaterra at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 05:09:24 EDT 2020

Hi, Jason,

I'm trying to build OpenWrt master with Thumb-2 instructions for my
Turris Omnia (both kernel and userspace) with GCC 9.3.0 and Binutils
2.34 from the toolchain. [1] Everything seems to work apart from
WireGuard, for some reason the module won't load, throwing the
relocation error in $subject (other backported compat modules load
just fine).
Do you have any idea about the possible cause? This is mostly a
heads-up, since I'm surely treading officially unsupported grounds. ;)

Thanks,
Rui

[1] Interestingly enough, the final image is bigger (maybe the Thumb-2
encoding is less redundant and doesn't compress as well as ARM?).