[OpenWrt-Devel] openwrt-devel Digest, Vol 50, Issue 39

Stan Grishin stangri at melmac.net
Mon Jun 8 12:24:03 EDT 2020

Baptiste,

Thanks for taking a lead on this, it's a fantastic idea!

I've had a look at the project ideas posted, and I'd like to put my
name forward for a few areas where I'd like to contribute:

1. There is a great documentation for creating lua-based luci
applications and model/cbi which allowed me to start creating WebUI
applications without knowing much about Lua. I believe it would be
beneficial to have similar documentation for the new javascript UI. I
don't have much experience with javascript, but I can read and with
some supervision I hope I can document things.

2. The showcase project -- as someone who pushed for the "why use
LEDE" page when the site was redesigned, I'm glad the importance of
this is recognized by core developers. In addition or instead of #1, I
can help out with some DNS or VPN-related articles.

I have contributed to some wiki pages (sadly changes since
overwritten), LEDE showcase and READMEs on my own packages
(simple-adblock and vpn-policy-routing).

Let me know if/how I should proceed.

PS. I'm glad you brought up the LineageOS wiki, I wish we could
supplement the ToH with something like the search at
https://wiki.lineageos.org/, where when you start typing some letters
from your devices it lists supported ones matching what you typed.
With a variety of platforms/devices supported by OpenWrt it may be a
daunting task for a new user just trying to figure out how to find the
OpenWrt binaries for a specific device.