No subject

Thu Jun 25 05:52:11 EDT 2020

https://github.com/openwrt/archive/commit/5e76bea8b4d45b87ea237bc19bcf8a2ac2ce9a42

Sadly, there's no explanation in the commit message. I guess it was
a different time back then. Anyway, I can tell from my previous post,
that the issue can fixed in the same way (i.e. adding CONFIG_REGMAP=y
to the sata/config-default and a revert of the kmod-regmap patch).

> This is a bit tricky to solve. We can't just generally stub out the
> regmap stuff unless compiled in, as a lot of regulators depend on it.
Right, it's becoming very tricky in OpenWrt patch context. In vanilla linux
it's pretty straight forward, since it does not allow regmap to be a module.
And I don't think upstream will be changing its stance on a regmap module.