No subject

Thu Jun 25 05:52:11 EDT 2020

is only used to determine if those options are enabled in kernel configuration
but not for force selection of options in kernel.

In other words if I want to get crypto core built I need to make sure first
that in my say "target/linux/board/config-4.1" options mentioned above are
enabled. Is that observation correct?

I'm asking because my initial assumption was I need to provide a minimal
kernel configuration in "target/linux/board/config-4.1" and then on
selection of kmods in OpenWRT's menuconfig missing config options
will be automatically added in kernel config.

But apparently no options are auto-enabled because I'm seeing that kind
of build failure if CONFIG_CRYPTO_BLKCIPHER is not explicitly set in my
kernel config:
NOTICE: module 'xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-yyy/linux-zzz/linux
-4.1.3/crypto/crypto_algapi.ko' is built-in.
ERROR: module 'xxx/openwrt/build_dir/target-yyy/linux-zzz/linux
-4.1.3/crypto/crypto_blkcipher.ko' is missing.
modules/crypto.mk:30: recipe for target 'xxx/openwrt/bin/axs10x
-uClibc/packages/base/kmod-crypto-core_4.1.3-1_axs10x.ipk' failed
make[3]: *** [xxx/openwrt/bin/axs10x
-uClibc/packages/base/kmod-crypto-core_4.1.3-1_axs10x.ipk] Error 1